Software Engineer (Big Data & ML)
Reimagining the Way We Work
Galvia (formerly Chatspace) is a high growth Galway based AI company backed by some of Ireland’s most seasoned IT investors. Working with enterprises over the past three years we have developed an AI powered platform for decision intelligence.
Accessed either in the cloud or on premise, Galvia deploys a decision intelligence platform that turns an organisation’s data into meaningful insights in a fast, secure and reliable way. We do this by integrating data from various enterprise data sources to build predictive models, generate deep insights and then offer visualisations to help the decision making. Our goal is to give our customers the freedom to focus on what matters most to them.
Join us in helping enterprises make better business decisions through AI powered insights and conversation. We are reimagining the way we work.
What’s the opportunity?
- As Software Engineer (Big Data and ML) you will be a key member of our engineering team specialising in designing, building, and testing intuitive and elegant user interfaces primarily for web and mobile devices.
- You will be responsible for developing applications using cutting edge technologies and industry best practices.
- You will be expected to help agree to scope for each iteration, to be pragmatic in your approach to your work, be test-driven, to deliver working code at the end of each iteration, to pair program regularly with your fellow developers, and to engage in the activities and tools used by our community of practice.
- You will mentor junior developers to build a supportive and creative culture for your team to work in.
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience demonstrated in the workplace
- Two to five years of work experience
- Experience in programming with Python or R or MATLAB
- Working knowledge of AI, Machine Learning, NLU, Graphs and Big Data
- Experience with popular ML libraries and frameworks e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spark.
- Docker and Kubernetes
What kind of person are we looking for?
- We require engineers who are self-starters and can demonstrate leadership, problem-solving, and the ability to acquire new skills. We have a truly agile environment, and we follow agile practices.
- Have the ability to self-motivate and be self-disciplined.
- Back up recommendations with examples to influence others.
- Valid work authorisation.
What do we offer?
Apart from remuneration, Galvia offers an open, supportive, transparent, and continually learning culture to all its employees. We are keen to hire people with a broad range of technical skills who are ready to work on ambitious, challenging, cutting edge, large scale AI projects.
Join us in changing the way we work through AI powered conversations and insights. Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject: Software Engineer (Big Data and ML)